Re: P2581R0: Specifying the Interoperability of Binary Module Interface Files

From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2022 17:27:03 +0000
[Jens]
> In theory, yes, but names are important and sticky, so I wouldn't
> want to apply new names to the Working Draft without CWG and plenary
> consent.

Agreed.
While the current set of terms in the standards is not great, I would seriously caution against re-inventing the standards terminology from just tooling perspective.

First, we need to come up with the set of terminology for tooling; then see if those actually correspond to programmers practice of software construction; then see which subset of those term can be lifted into the C++ spec.

The upshot is that the needs for spec aren't exactly the same as those of tooling or the same as those of ordinary programmers.

-- Gaby