Re: [SG16] SG16 meeting summary for September 23rd, 2020

From: Tom Honermann <tom_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2020 10:02:18 -0400
Thank you, Hubert. Updated as follows:

  * Hubert noted that the competing paper mentioned at the end of the
    last telecon is partially motivated by a desire for the standard to
    remain abstract and not tied too heavily to Unicode.
  * [ Editor's note: That paper would align the C++ standard with the C
    standard model of extended characters. It remains in draft status
    pending CWG approval of P2029 <https://wg21.link/p2029> due to
    wording dependencies. ]

Tom.