Re: [isocpp-sg15] State of the modules today

From: Jonathan Wakely <cxx_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2024 16:30:55 +0100
On Mon, 24 Jun 2024 at 15:31, James via SG15 <sg15_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> One particular thing I’m puzzled by is the lack of a standard file
extension accepted by the major compilers.

There is no standard file extension for header files either, or C++ source
files. It would be _more_ puzzling if we'd gone against the grain and
standardized a file extension! Especially as the C++ standard doesn't
require an implementation to even support "file extensions", as the naming
of source files on a file system is out of scope for the C++ standard.