Re: [isocpp-sg21] Contracts and tooling

From: Tom Honermann <tom_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2023 19:37:06 -0500
On 11/9/23 6:49 PM, Ville Voutilainen via SG21 wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Nov 2023 at 01:45, Tom Honermann via SG21
> <sg21_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> My intent is to start identifying things to think about. Preloading the cache as it were. I don't see a need to block this on either feature completion of the MVP nor a presentation of it to SG15.
>>
>> So, yes, I'm very much ok with that general plan. I just want to leave as much runway as possible for consideration of SG15 concerns.
> Are there specific SG15 concerns?
I believe so, yes.

> If you would be tasked to give a presentation to SG15 on what we
> currently have cooking, what would you present them, when almost
> everything
> is undecided, and the MVP, wherever it is, is not up to date?
I would start with P2877 (Contract Build Modes, Semantics, and
Implementation Strategies) <https://wg21.link/p2877>. I believe there is
plenty of substance there for SG15 to weigh in on.

> I don't know how to preload this cache at this point, and I daresay
> I'm rarely so stymied.

Oh I doubt that. If I were to scroll back through a couple dozen
messages from you I daresay that I would find similar claims ;)

Tom.