Re: [isocpp-sg21] Contracts and tooling

From: Timur Doumler <cpp_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2023 14:35:00 -1000
Off the top of my head, the number one thing I'd like SG15 to review (and the reason why I always intended to reach out to SG15 and ask them to review the Contracts MVP) is the fact that the contract semantic is implementation-defined and that we give implementations freedom to make that choice at compile time, link time, or even runtime, and even recommend two build modes (and which one of them should be the default) even though we do not do that normatively.

Basically, I would like them to review P2877 (which is now part of the Contracts MVP) and its implications. That paper derives a lot of its motivation from tooling concerns so I'd feel a lot more comfortable if it had the seal of approval from the actual tooling folks.

Cheers,
Timur