Re: P2717R2, EcoIS Introspection for discussion.

From: Charles-Henri Gros <Charles-Henri.Gros_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 00:00:54 +0000
I think the comment was directed at the person who said "it's easy to modify autotools to add this command line option", with the apparent implication that either this makes it easy for everyone interested in following the standard, or that the projects for which this is not easy do not matter.
I'm with Gaby in thinking that the ease of changing autotools in particular (or even any open-source tool, though I'm willing to bet not all of them are easy to modify) is not super relevant, but I also think Gaby's message came out a bit like a personal attack.
I just looked at the table in the paper, and I think it actually goes above and beyond in surveying the difficulty of command line parsing changes in various tools, so I'm a bit puzzled by the comment claiming lack of motivation.

Also, about that document, I still think version intervals (and especially intervals that are not fully closed) are a bad idea, but maybe I lost that argument.