Re: P2717R2, EcoIS Introspection for discussion.

From: René Ferdinand Rivera Morell <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2023 18:19:15 -0500
On Fri, Jun 16, 2023 at 12:47 AM Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I hope we are not "developing" a standard to name and shame closed-source tools, or only for open source tools.
>
> I would strongly recommend moving away from rationale of "closed source", or "I cannot check myself". We are aiming for an international standard, not a personal project.

I've now thought about those statements for some hours and I'm rather
confused why you would think the above is anywhere close to what is in
the paper. I'm rather taken aback by being accused of having an intent
to shame anyone with the contents of my paper. This is not the kind of
professional behavior I would expect in an ISO setting.

I've worked professionally on close-source applications, some of them
tools, for almost 3 decades. I have also given a substantial amount of
my free time to open-source work for over 2 decades. And I have given
a substantial amount of my free time to open standards for over a
decade. Hence I'm hurt at the characterization of my career as a
"personal project".

Can you explain why you came to the conclusions in your statements?

--
-- René Ferdinand Rivera Morell
-- Don't Assume Anything  -- No Supone Nada