Re: [isocpp-ext] Can we expect that all C++ source files can have the same suffix?

From: Stephen Kelly <steveire_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 17:23:17 +0100
On 18/05/2022 17:17, Bret Brown wrote:
> Stephan, you bring up a lot of interesting work to be done.
> I think a lot of us have a similar backlog in our heads, at least.

Great! Can we put them all into a paper?

> I don't see modular fmt, let alone entire graphs of dependent modular
> libraries, really "working" until both CMake and other build systems
> can *ergonomically* consume modular libraries.

Yes, I wasn't looking for something "really working" because as you say
there are necessary tooling features missing to make it "really work".

I was just looking for some lessons that can already be gleaned from an
attempt (in this case, an attempt in fmt). I don't know if there have
been other attempts.

Thanks,

Stephen.