Re: [std-proposals] ABI

From: Hans <hguijtra_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2024 10:21:01 +0200
On 08/07/2024 17:46, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> "There is great reticence to add new standard library classes"
>
> Is there? I'm not sure I want to live in a world where we add a lot
> /more/ classes to the standard, if what we have now is the result of
> great reticence!

It is my understanding that proposals have been rejected on the basis of
ABI stability. If that impression is wrong, please let me know and I'll
remove that sentence.

> The comparison with previous proposals would benefit from references to
> those proposals.

I'm not sure if there were ever any papers, or if they were just ideas
floated in the community.

Apart from this, what's your feeling on the idea in general?

Hans Guijt