Re: [std-proposals] set_new_handler extension

From: Thiago Macieira <thiago_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 08:54:55 -0800
On Friday, 17 February 2023 08:43:15 PST Phil Bouchard wrote:
> Well despite what Jason said earlier, there are 15,500 hits for a search
> engine search such as Google on the subject:
> https://www.google.com/search?q=rtlfreeheap+crash

This search is meaningless. It finds people reporting crashes that ended in
RtlFreeHeap, not that RtlFreeHeap has a problem.

I kept getting assigned the vast majority of pointer bugs in Qt because they
ended with a null pointer consumption inside of the QBasicAtomicPointer class.
But it wasn't a QBasicAtomicPointer bug; the bug had happened way before where
a null pointer was dereferenced.