Re: [std-proposals] set_new_handler extension

From: Phil Bouchard <boost_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 11:43:15 -0500
On 2/17/23 11:32, Thiago Macieira via Std-Proposals wrote:
> On Friday, 17 February 2023 01:02:37 PST Phil Bouchard via Std-Proposals
> wrote:
>> So what's the decision on this? Toss it under the carpet again or bring
>> forth a fix?
>
> There's no consensus that there is anything to be fixed in the first place.

Well despite what Jason said earlier, there are 15,500 hits for a search
engine search such as Google on the subject:
https://www.google.com/search?q=rtlfreeheap+crash

Also I figured if I use the GPU memory manager then the application runs
fine but if I use the CPU Windows memory manager then my application
will crash sooner or later.

So I'm being pro-active here as there is clearly a problem that needs to
be fixed or to simply give alternatives. Even if you're fine with the
system memory manager then you might still what to use your own for
speed or alternative memory sticks, etc.

> But you're welcome to write the paper and advocate for your desired change,
> whether there's a consensus or not.

Ok thank you. I just need to figure out the best way to implement
singletons first because it doesn't seem to be part of the standards yet.

Regards,

--
Logo <https://www.fornux.com/>
*Phil Bouchard*  facebook icon
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/phil-bouchard-5723a910/>
CTO
T: (819) 328-4743
E: phil_at_[hidden]| www.fornux.com <http://www.fornux.com>
8 rue de la Baie| Gatineau (Qc), J8T 3H3 Canada
Banner <https://goglobalawards.org/> Le message ci-dessus, ainsi que les
documents l'accompagnant, sont destinés uniquement aux personnes
identifiées et peuvent contenir des informations privilégiées,
confidentielles ou ne pouvant être divulguées. Si vous avez reçu ce
message par erreur, veuillez le détruire.
This communication (and/or the attachments) is intended for named
recipients only and may contain privileged or confidential information
which is not to be disclosed. If you received this communication by
mistake please destroy all copies.