Re: [std-proposals] Safety checks at compile time

From: Chris Ryan <chrisr98008_at_[hidden]>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 09:44:36 -0800
Please read:
https://thenewstack.io/can-c-be-saved-bjarne-stroustrup-on-ensuring-memory-safety

Bjarne gave us an introduction last week at the WG21 ISO C++ Standards
meeting, in Issaquah on these safety profiles. As per ISO policies the
meeting was not recorded. I am sure that he will give this talk again soon
where he can present some of these ideas publicly.

These tools are not ready yet. The idea is a good start, but we can not
tool ourselves out of this. It does not remove any legacy compatibility.
It only checks that what you are doing now is safe(r). Just because C++
has legacy compatibility does not imply that you should be using these
older mechanisms.