Re: [std-proposals] Safety checks at compile time

From: Jason McKesson <jmckesson_at_[hidden]>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 12:12:28 -0500
On Tue, Feb 14, 2023 at 12:02 PM Roberto R via Std-Proposals
<std-proposals_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I guess many of you have read articles about Microsoft, Google and NSA saying that it is better to stop to use C++ and use instead memory safe languages like Rust or Java.

No, I haven't heard about that. Though I'm not sure what it matters.

> Is it possible to make C++ a memory safe language?

Not without throwing away backwards compatibility and effectively
turning it into a different language. And since different languages
already exist, and this would force people to rewrite their code
anyway, I'm not sure why they would rewrite it in this new C++.