Re: Making C++ easier for new students

From: Ivan Matek <libbooze_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2021 21:30:48 +0200
On Thu, Aug 5, 2021 at 2:51 AM Bill Kerney via Std-Proposals <
std-proposals_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> That's more or less what I'm talking about here. I think the recent
> revisions have been focused on professionals. But a language's long term
> growth depends on new people being trained in it to replace the old
> programmers who are retiring.

I agree, but then again "C++" has no budget to allocate, it depends on
contributions from people who are not paid anything to contribute to C++ or
companies that are concerned about issues that make their developers more
productive. If some billionaire got group of highly talented devs and they
worked on a lot of stuff you want(wrote prototypes, wrote nice proposals) I
doubt C++ standardization would reject them. But I do not see something
like this happening soon.
So I hope I am wrong, but I see very little from your list getting fixed in
next 5y(except maybe networking).