Re: [SG16] [ WG14 ] Mixed Wide String Literals

From: Ville Voutilainen <ville.voutilainen_at_[hidden]>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2020 16:39:06 +0200
On Tue, 8 Dec 2020 at 16:24, Niall Douglas via SG16
<sg16_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I'd like to conclude by apologising for any offence caused. I really,
> genuinely, thought I did write the opposite that you said I wrote, and I
> must admit, even reading it now, I don't see what you say I said. Still,
> thanks for helping me catch an unintentional slight, it *definitely* was
> not meant that way.

I didn't have a problem with that email. It's an opinion, and it's not
suggesting anything that would
be out of order nor is it making any insinuation that there's any foul play.
There are dictionary meanings of "zealously" that are not in contrast
with what I expect to be
the really-precise motivation for them big blue folks to wish to keep
EBCDIC around.
I didn't find the email an excellent poker play or an excellent chess
move, but I didn't find it
any reason for escalating a storm in a teacup either.