Re: [SG16] [ WG14 ] Mixed Wide String Literals

From: Tom Honermann <tom_at_[hidden]>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2020 09:50:50 -0500
On 12/8/20 6:13 AM, Peter Brett via SG16 wrote:
> Hi Niall,
>
> I'm pretty sure that you shouldn't have reported this outside WG14.

A reminder to all that the SG16 mailing list is a public list with
public archives and is subject to the WG21 code of conduct
<https://isocpp.org/std/standing-documents/sd-4-wg21-practices-and-procedures#code-of-conduct>
and ISO code of conduct.
<https://www.iso.org/publication/PUB100397.html> By posting these
links, I am not alleging that a CoC violation has occurred here. If
anyone feels that there has been a violation, please follow the
processes described in those documents.

Nial, ISO rules are intended to allow members to communicate within ISO
meetings with reasonable expectations of privacy; they may choose to
make statements in ISO meetings that they may choose not to make
publicly. How a member votes within an ISO meeting is privileged
information. You did not share particulars of how a member voted on any
particular issue here, but sharing your perception of what motivates a
member's vote is, at least, poor form; in this case, how a member votes
was not even relevant to the topic of discussion. Please refrain from
comments regarding member's votes or voting habits in the future.

Your other comments are appreciated, thank you.

Tom.