[SG16] Reminder: SG16 telecon tomorrow, Wednesday, 2020-10-28

From: Tom Honermann <tom_at_[hidden]>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2020 10:20:52 -0400
This is your friendly reminder that an SG16 telecon will be held
tomorrow, Wednesday October 28th, at 19:30 UTC (timezone conversion
<https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20201028T193000&p1=1440&p2=tz_pt&p3=tz_mt&p4=tz_ct&p5=tz_et&p6=tz_cet>).

*Please note that daylight savings time ended for the CET/CEST timezone
since our last telecon; this telecon will start one hour earlier than
our last meeting for those in CET/CEST.*

This meeting will be conducted via Zoom. To attend, visit
https://iso.zoom.us/j/8414530059 at the start of the meeting. Please
contact me privately if necessary for the meeting password.

The agenda is:

  * P2194R0: The character set of C++ source code is Unicode
    <https://isocpp.org/files/papers/P2194R0.pdf>
      o Continue discussion.
  * P1885R3: Naming Text Encodings to Demystify Them
    <https://wg21.link/p1885r3>
      o Review updates since the review of D1885R2 in Prague
        <https://wiki.edg.com/bin/view/Wg21prague/SG16D1885R2>.

For the review of P2194R0, if you haven't already, please (re-)read
section 5.2.1 (Character Sets) of the C99 rationale document
<http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg14/www/C99RationaleV5.10.pdf>,
especially the "UCN models" section.

We may not get to P1885R3. In the event that we do, please recall that
we previously forwarded this paper in Prague knowing that we would
review a future update. This is that review. Corentin invested the
considerable time necessary to identify a number of encodings that are
not accounted for in the IANA DB by cross referencing encodings
supported by Windows, GNU iconv, and the WHATWG encoding standard.
We'll review that list and give the proposed interface a quick once over
to refresh ourselves on it and look for any last tweaks to be
suggested. The intent is *not* to re-litigate the design.

No decisions are anticipated at this meeting, but direction polls are
expected for P2194R0.

Tom.