Re: [SG16] Draft proposal: Clarify guidance for use of a BOM as a UTF-8 encoding signature

From: Niall Douglas <s_sourceforge_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 15:43:04 +0100
1. Unicode BOM is a perfectly legal codepoint which can appear anywhere
in a text.

2. For me, if the input has a BOM, I'm requesting that the output should
have a BOM. All that well designed applications need to do is ignore
BOM. Your rules below seem to overly favour specially treating BOM, in
my opinion, when passthrough and ignoring it, if it is or is not
present, seem to me better.

Niall