[SG16] Reminder: SG16 telecon tomorrow, Wednesday, 2020-10-14

From: Tom Honermann <tom_at_[hidden]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2020 09:54:51 -0400
This is your friendly reminder that an SG16 telecon will be held
tomorrow, Wednesday October 14th, at 19:30 UTC (timezone conversion
<https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20201014T193000&p1=1440&p2=tz_pt&p3=tz_mt&p4=tz_ct&p5=tz_et&p6=tz_cest>).

This meeting will be conducted via Zoom. To attend, visit
https://iso.zoom.us/j/8414530059 at the start of the meeting. Please
contact me privately if necessary for the meeting password.

The agenda is:

  * Discuss migration from the Cpplang Slack workspace to another Slack
    workspace or chat service.
  * Review Boost.Text <https://github.com/tzlaine/text> changes
    following initial Boost review.
  * P2194R0: The character set of C++ source code is Unicode
    <https://isocpp.org/files/papers/P2194R0.pdf>

The Slack discussion is motivated by several prominent SG16 contributors
deactivating their Cpplang Slack accounts due to a perceived failure of
the workspace administrators
<https://cpplang.slack.com/account/workspace-settings#admins> to
appropriately moderate the workspace or enforce a code of conduct.
Please be prepared to share your experiences, requirements, and
suggestions for a service to migrate to. We will discuss the
possibility of a WG21 provided service.

For the Boost.Text discussion, please read the following email threads:

  * https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2020/06/249242.php
  * https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2020/08/249594.php

For the review of P2194R0, please (re-)read section 5.2.1 (Character
Sets) of the C99 rationale document
<http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg14/www/C99RationaleV5.10.pdf>,
especially the "UCN models" section.

No decisions will be made at this meeting, but direction polls are expected.

Tom.