Re: [SG16] [boost] [review] [text] Text formal review

From: Vinnie Falco <vinnie.falco_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2020 11:01:46 -0700
On Sun, Jun 21, 2020 at 8:54 AM Ville Voutilainen
<ville.voutilainen_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> a memory_resource doesn't provide hooks for deciding how it
> propagates, so you'll be nailing that question down to one answer.
> It sure looks to me that there's more than one answer to that question.

A benefit of targeting Boost is that a library can experiment with
making such decisions without etching it in stone (as would happen if
it was a Standard C++ component). For example as I have done with
Boost.JSON, which provides a novel "storage_ptr": a smart pointer
container to a reference-counted memory_resource, and has some
opinions on exactly how it is propagated to children:

<http://vinniefalco.github.io/doc/json/json/usage/allocators.html>

Thanks