Re: P2717R2, EcoIS Introspection for discussion.

From: René Ferdinand Rivera Morell <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2023 23:28:25 -0500
On Mon, Jul 10, 2023 at 1:42 PM Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> [GDR]
>
> [René]
> >> [...] Hence I'm hurt at the characterization of my career as a
> >> "personal project".
> >>
> >> Can you explain why you came to the conclusions in your statements?
>
> I was providing feedback on the draft document that was to be discussed by SG15,

*P2717R2* is not a draft.

> not on your career nor did it occur to me that your career could be substituted for the draft document.

Can you see how I would feel if a paper that I wrote as a product of
my expertise, knowledge, and research, i.e. my career, was subjected
to the feedback that it's a "personal project" and not worthy of an
"international standard" without any further explanation as to why? Ie
what specifically did you find in my paper that makes you conclude
that it was my intent to "name and shame closed-source tools"?

> In any event, I did not characterize your career as "personal project", and I offer my deepest apologies for the hurt you felt from something I did not say or intend.
>
> >> This is not the kind of professional behavior I would expect in an ISO setting.
>
> Respectfully, I take offense at your characterization of my "professional behavior".

Can you explain how your "I hope we are not "developing" a standard to
name and shame closed-source tools, or only for open source tools."
comment is appropriate professional behavior?

--
-- René Ferdinand Rivera Morell
-- Don't Assume Anything  -- No Supone Nada