Re: Provide build systems with ways to build the std(.compat) modules

From: Daniel Ruoso <daniel_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2023 08:57:55 +0100
On Mon, Jul 10, 2023, 08:42 Boris Kolpackov <boris_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Have you considered how this will work for "binless" libraries (header-
> only before modules, module interface-only after), which don't have the
> "library file itself" (I assume you refer to the library binary, such
> as .a/.so)?

Yes. When we discussed it we accepted that "interface unit only libraries"
will depend on stronger package management convergence.

It's possible the pkg-config extension could just point to the metadata
file in those cases.

But... There's some hint that "interface unit only" libraries may be less
viable than people think.

Daniel