Re: Provide build systems with ways to build the std(.compat) modules

From: Boris Kolpackov <boris_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2023 09:36:23 +0200
Mark de Wever <koraq_at_[hidden]> writes:

> I agree this would make it easy to find the modules. My concern with
> reusing the include directory for modules is that it may lead to users
> writing code like:
>
> #include <std.cppm>
>
> Which then does not work as expected. I rather have a solution where the
> user can't do the wrong thing by accident.

I tend to agree with Ben, this feels both rather far-fetched and also
something that will fail pretty fast. It's also easy to side-step by
installing the modules into /usr/include/<library>/modules/ instead
of into ../<library>/ directly (though of course a crafty user can
always write <modules/std.cppm>).