Re: P2898R0: Importable Headers are Not Universally Implementable

From: Daniel Ruoso <daniel_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 09:53:43 -0400
Em qua., 24 de mai. de 2023 às 07:44, Gabriel Dos Reis
<gdr_at_[hidden]> escreveu:
> The MSVC implementation of the spec is that what #include to translate to import comes from a user specified list, either explicitly or implicitly through the provision of BMI mapping.

My take at this point is that we should remove the `import <header>`
format, and simplify the specification such that it is understood
strictly as an optional optimization, which is what both Clang and
MSVC are doing.

I agree with the sentiment that we need a well-defined behavior for
that optimization. But I'm convinced this should be optional and that
the source inclusion behavior should continue to be considered
correct, such that the code is still valid whenever the use of that
optimization is not advantageous.

daniel