Re: [isocpp-ext] Can we expect that all C++ source files can have the same suffix?

From: Tom Honermann <tom_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 12:44:11 -0400
On 4/25/22 12:18 PM, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> [Tom]
>> Dependency analysis need not be required for use of a modular standard library.
> That may be true, but would the requests stop there?

Yes, I believe so. Compiler drivers don't do dependency analysis on
linked object files or static libraries today; users are required to
pass them in a suitable order. Likewise, compiler drivers do not attempt
to diagnose whether an object file is out of date with respect to the
source files used to build it.

The request is to ensure that the compiler driver support programs that
import modules from the standard library without having to require
separate compiler invocations to build BMIs for the standard library.
That's it.

Tom.