Re: [isocpp-ext] Can we expect that all C++ source files can have the same suffix?

From: René Ferdinand Rivera Morell <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 13:47:42 -0500
On Sat, Apr 16, 2022 at 1:41 PM Daniel Ruoso via SG15 <sg15_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> I, personally, think it's time to get over the expectation that it's
> realistic to use c++ without a build system.
>

> Especially in teaching context, we should prepare folks to the real world,
> which necessarily involves a build system, instead of creating this
> anachronistic requirements.

It is important for programmers, especially for C++, to understand the
entire pipeline that they use. Relying on tools, like build systems and
IDEs, hiding the knowledge makes for inefficient programmers. Learning that
pipeline starts at invoking the compiler directly.

--
-- René Ferdinand Rivera Morell
-- Don't Assume Anything  -- No Supone Nada