Re: [SG15] module source suffixes

From: Matthew Woehlke <mwoehlke.floss_at_[hidden]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 15:24:23 -0400
On 27/08/2019 13.11, Johan Boulé via SG15 wrote:
> Also, I wouldn't rely on early build systems to be smart enough to not
> rebuild the BMI and all their dependents when you make a change in the
> implementation if it's in the same file as the interface.

The BMI? No. Dependents... well, that depends whether or not the BMI
changes (i.e. is there something line line number information or build
time encoded in it?). If dependents get rebuilt when the "meaning" of
the interface has not changed, we're probably doing something wrong.

Note that this would apply also to making "cosmetic" changes to the
interface, even if it is a separate file.

--
Matthew