Subject: [SG15] module source suffixes
From: Johan Boulé (johan.boule_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-08-27 12:11:58

Lyberta <lyberta@lyberta.net> wrote:

What about open source code bases where there is no need to have a
split? I intent to just merge .h+.cpp files into a 1 .cpp file that has
both interface and implementation.

This is interesting, but until now, the widespread practice has been to distribute the full source code as a separate source package, rather than in a -dev/devel one, which only contained the minimal required files, i.e. the headers. Also, I wouldn't rely on early build systems to be smart enough to not rebuild the BMI and all their dependents when you make a change in the implementation if it's in the same file as the interface.

Older archives