[Tooling] Agenda (detailed)

From: Titus Winters <titus_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2018 08:49:01 -0800
Agenda for Thursday night

---
Agenda
Package Ecosystem Plan P1177 - Presented by Rene Rivera
We'll introduce the proposed ecosystem plan and a high level.
Then, discuss the lower-level components individually, jumping to other
papers:
   - P1302 Implicit Module Partition Lookup
   - P1184 A Module Mapper
(Discussing similar problems at the level of build-system / compiler
interaction.)
Then, when moving to higher level discussion:
   - P1313 Let's Talk About Package Specification
   - P1254 Notes on C++ Package Management
   - P1204 Canonical Project Structure
(Discussing project layout and requirements for dependency management to
work properly.)
Additional discussion, time permitting: P1178 std::compile
Goals / Suggested Polls
   - Do we agree with the ecosystem structure in P1177
   <http://wiki.edg.com/bin/edit/Wg21sandiego2018/P1177?topicparent=Wg21sandiego2018.SG15;nowysiwyg=1>
-
   at least enough to use it as a starting point?
   - What do we need to consider wrt. module lookup? Are the needs of
   tooling sufficiently supported here?
   - Are we concerned with distribution of libraries *for installation*?
   (Vs. distribution of packages for development, which be much more concerned
   with hermeticity / reproducibility).
   - Do we approve of the specific project structure in P1204
   <http://wiki.edg.com/bin/edit/Wg21sandiego2018/P1204?topicparent=Wg21sandiego2018.SG15;nowysiwyg=1>?
   Or a similar approach?
   - Do we approve of the more general / customizable approach in P1254
   <http://wiki.edg.com/bin/edit/Wg21sandiego2018/P1254?topicparent=Wg21sandiego2018.SG15;nowysiwyg=1>
   ?
   - (Polls from P1178)