[Tooling] Purview of SG15 ?

From: Corentin <corentin.jabot_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 19:33:37 +0100
I was wondering what was the extent of what is meant by tooling ?
Would it only be about providing tools, or can we discuss about ways to
make C++ more tools friendly?

I do have a pretty strong opinion on tooling C++ : It can't be done. Not
really.
The preprocessor and its pesky #ifdef blocks gets in the way. A tool never
have a complete view of the source code so even a simple method renaming
can't be done reliably ( and reliability is everything).

Of course the preprocessor is not something we can get rid of, but maybe,
just maybe we can tame it and contain it enough that reliable tooling
becomes possible.
I'd love that to be discussed and maybe see what's doable in that area