Re: [ub] Justification for < not being a total order on pointers?

From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 15:27:45 +0000

I am not sure expect what you mean by "diverge". I am hoping you aren't arguing
that std::less should just be a different syntax for operator<.

That said, I am unsure how you answer "no" above squares with your goal
as stated here.

My own personal view (not that of chair) is that if std::less<T>(l,r) and "l < r" are
both defined, then they should yield the same answer.

| because anything else makes usage expert-only.

I suspect you are making the bar to expert level pretty low :-)

-- Gaby