Re: [std-proposals] Function overload set type information loss

From: Thiago Macieira <thiago_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2024 16:57:11 -0700
On Wednesday 31 July 2024 16:11:54 GMT-7 organicoman via Std-Proposals wrote:
> I guess, i get what is the problem. People are reading the proposal and try
> to box it inside the current implementation of C++.

Of course we are. Yours is a proposal to change C++, so you need to explain
how the new content will insert into the existing structure and not break
anything that is already working. You must propose a delta to the current
status.

> Free your minds
> guys,Read it without any pre setup thoughts, or pretend it works somehow
> (like Tiago did in the beginning)Try to use it in on some examples, it you
> find contradiction, or you can't generate code, then report it. That's all.

"Pretend it works somehow" does not make sense. It has to work without
pretending. And you have to explain how it will work, with detailed rules.

Otherwise, we could have a pretend standard and a pretend compiler.

  Principal Engineer - Intel DCAI Platform & System Engineering