Re: [std-proposals] Function overload set type information loss

From: Thiago Macieira <thiago_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2024 16:50:19 -0700
On Wednesday 31 July 2024 15:27:36 GMT-7 Jason McKesson via Std-Proposals
wrote:
> OK, I've been barely following this thread, in part because of your
> frequent use of color to mean...

The text portion of the email is entirely unreadable. There are obviously no
colours... but also no line breaks. Please get a better email client.

> > The standard doesn't explain why it adopted this behavior, except for the
> > case of array pointer decay. But from the examples above, we can observe
> > a recurring pattern.
>
> The standard describes how behavior works, not *why* it works that way.

On the other hand, proposals are expected to describe why they want to change
anything. What's the motivation here? What will this allow writing that isn't
allowed now.

  Principal Engineer - Intel DCAI Platform & System Engineering