Re: [std-proposals] Stop gap required for NRVO until Anton's paper is assimilated

From: Thiago Macieira <thiago_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2024 06:41:55 -0700
On Thursday 11 July 2024 01:52:18 GMT-7 Frederick Virchanza Gotham via Std-
Proposals wrote:
> I foresee that Anton’s
> paper will not make it in time into C++26, and perhaps not C++29
> either. The intention of my proposal is that std::factory and
> std::after_factory shall be used until such time as Anton’s paper is
> assimilated into the standard.

If we can't get one into the C++26 standard in time, why would we get
something else in the same line in time? Especially if there's already a paper
that ostensibly is a better and wider solution?

  Principal Engineer - Intel DCAI Platform & System Engineering