Re: [std-proposals] Freestanding std modules

From: F. v.S. <de34_at_[hidden]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2024 09:24:59 +0000
For original questions:

1. I believe [std.modules]/2<https://eel.is/c++draft/std.modules#2> already indicates that std and std.compat modules are sliced to the freestanding subset in a freestanding implementation. In such a freestanding environment, you won't get std::vector when using standard library modules. There's no issue I see with freestanding implementations.

2. Currently there's no active paper for finer grained standard library modules. Perhaps you can write a paper superseding P0581<https://wg21.link/p0581> and P2412<https://wg21.link/p2412>.

Thanks,
F.v.S.