Re: [std-proposals] Paper on Interfaces (5 Pages)

From: Ville Voutilainen <ville.voutilainen_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2023 16:22:44 +0200
On Sat, 25 Feb 2023 at 13:48, Frederick Virchanza Gotham via
Std-Proposals <std-proposals_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> The burden of proof rests with the person making the assertion. *You*
> are the one saying that what I want can be achieved without editing
> the core language. Don't rely on my imagination, give me the proof. If

That's not how it works. I don't need to give you the proof, you're the one
wishing to propose something. You need to prove that it has a viable
rationale, and that it's worth more time being spent on it. This
proposal doesn't and isn't
, so when people who would actually deal with a proposal in the
committee tell you that it doesn't convince
them, perhaps you should pay heed.

> You later posted some code that does something similar but not exactly
> the same, and I'll respond to that below. . .

Where?

> You say that it's antithetical to the C++ object model but my paper
> explains how it all works. /Any/ change to /anything/ will also be
> antithetical at first glance.

That's not correct, there's plenty of language proposals that fit right
in, and they do not receive such reactions.