Re: [std-proposals] Allow downcasting at compile time if Derived has no extra member objects

From: Jonathan Wakely <cxx_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 09:12:59 +0000
On Thu, 23 Feb 2023, 00:52 Frederick Virchanza Gotham via Std-Proposals, <
std-proposals_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> To give an example where this would be useful, let's say that I want
> to use a 'std::binary_semaphore' as though it were a Lockable.

It seems to me that you're coming up with unproven ideas on the fly and
sending another email to this list suggesting it should be added to the
standard. That's not how standardisation works, and it's not how it should
work, and it doesn't seem like a good use of anybody's time.