Re: [std-proposals] Fwd: set_new_handler extension

From: Thiago Macieira <thiago_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 19:17:58 -0800
On Monday, 20 February 2023 17:42:59 PST Phil Bouchard via Std-Proposals
wrote:
> Although it's not happening with smaller buffers, I suspect Windows uses
> different heaps based on their size but the large page heaps are
> definitely faulty.

Don't suspect. Prove it.

This is the entire problem with this thread: you're suspecting a problem and
jumped to a conclusion that is unwarranted by the facts presented. We've
already twice shown that the problem was not where you thought it was, meaning
it's very hard to take any argument you're making on trust alone now. You're
oh-for-two now; you want a "third time is the charm" case, not "strike three"
(mixing my metaphors here).

Plus, even if your root-causing of the issue had been right, you've not yet
demonstrated how your proposed solution would fix anything.

This is in spite of the fact that you can already do what you're proposing to
do, without the need for a modification to the standard.