Re: [std-proposals] set_new_handler extension

From: Phil Bouchard <boost_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 12:08:47 -0500
On 2/17/23 11:54, Jason McKesson via Std-Proposals wrote:

> The fact that you find this meaningful is telling of your thought
> processes. I mean, if there were actually a problem, you could show us
> a program that exhibited that problem. But you don't; you instead
> point to a Google search filled with "hits"... but of what?

Well it's a low latency multi-threaded (without mutexes) GPU app for my
employer so I can't share their code but I can create an example I can
share.

I just need to figure how to get Windows at home first.

> If your program starts corrupting memory, a very common outcome is
> that heap allocation functions break. Which is not Microsoft's fault,
> no matter how much you hate them.

Saying I hate Windows because I found a bug in their kernel is like
saying I hate Einstein because General Relativity is non-sense.

I wouldn't spent time in this mailing list for partial arguments as my
reputation counts as well given this conversation is archived.

Thanks,

--
Logo <https://www.fornux.com/>
*Phil Bouchard*  facebook icon
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/phil-bouchard-5723a910/>
CTO
T: (819) 328-4743
E: phil_at_[hidden]| www.fornux.com <http://www.fornux.com>
8 rue de la Baie| Gatineau (Qc), J8T 3H3 Canada
Banner <https://goglobalawards.org/> Le message ci-dessus, ainsi que les
documents l'accompagnant, sont destinés uniquement aux personnes
identifiées et peuvent contenir des informations privilégiées,
confidentielles ou ne pouvant être divulguées. Si vous avez reçu ce
message par erreur, veuillez le détruire.
This communication (and/or the attachments) is intended for named
recipients only and may contain privileged or confidential information
which is not to be disclosed. If you received this communication by
mistake please destroy all copies.