Re: [std-proposals] Safety checks at compile time

From: Jarrad Waterloo <descender76_at_[hidden]>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 21:39:38 -0500
Once C adopts deterministic exception handling, one could just dust off
their copy of CFRONT. Since C doesn't have temporaries scoped to the full
expression, C++ would automatically become significantly memory safer from
dangling of the stack. It'll even reduce the gap between C and C++ which is
appealing to some. About the only thing I would miss is move constructors,
perfect forwarding and guaranteed return value optimization. A small price
to pay for the massive reduction in dangling.