Once C adopts deterministic exception handling, one could just dust off their copy of CFRONT. Since C doesn't have temporaries scoped to the full expression, C++ would automatically become significantly memory safer from dangling of the stack. It'll even reduce the gap between C and C++ which is appealing to some. About the only thing I would miss is move constructors, perfect forwarding and guaranteed return value optimization. A small price to pay for the massive reduction in dangling.

On Tue, Feb 14, 2023 at 7:50 PM Phil Bouchard via Std-Proposals <std-proposals@lists.isocpp.org> wrote:

On 2/14/23 19:40, Alexander Don wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Standard library offers implementation of a smart pointer.
> https://en.cppreference.com/book/intro/smart_pointers
> <https://en.cppreference.com/book/intro/smart_pointers>
>
> You would need to redefine existing pointers.
> C++ may use legacy memory allocation such as Malloc. Sometimes you need
> this syntax to access memory outside of virtual memory space of the
> application. Good example would be working with CUDA or low-level driver.
>
> Microsoft pushes for their .net standard, and Google have their own
> libraries and languages.
>
> If you already have memory leak issue, use a memory profiling tool.
> Microsoft's diagnostic tools or vtune are good.

Thanks but getting this fixed implicitly is better.

Logo <https://www.fornux.com/

Banner <https://goglobalawards.org/> Le message ci-dessus, ainsi que les