Re: SCC / ISO IEC - C++ Superset

From: Antoine Viallon <antoine_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2021 10:01:50 +0000
4 août 2021 01:13 "Phil Bouchard via Std-Proposals" <std-proposals_at_[hidden]> a écrit:

> That framework will offer the ability to add implicit variables, parameters, compound statement
> instances, class members and global singletons to existing C / C++ code and to overload raw
> pointers to the user's convenience. The Root Pointer I wrote is patent pending but any other
> important functionality can be added such as a runtime stack trace, catching segmentation faults
> before they emit a SIGSEGV, buffer overflows, double frees, ... the most important problems so far.

What you propose is interesting, however, I don't know how you will succeed in patenting "Root Pointer" (which I have trouble understanding what it actually is), and I wonder how you will do the other things without introducing runtime overhead.
Also, isn't there already things like UBSAN to mitigate some of these problems if needed?

Antoine Viallon