Re: Initialisers in ternary operators

From: Ville Voutilainen <ville.voutilainen_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2020 00:12:54 +0300
On Sat, 12 Sep 2020 at 00:09, Christof Meerwald via Std-Proposals
<std-proposals_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > I suspect the biggest problems would be:
> > a) convincing everyone that the existing lambda syntax is not sufficient
>
> http://wg21.link/p0977 will likely be brought up here

Well, that's certainly not my favorite reference, but here's the thing:
1) tell me why gcc's expression-statements need to be brought into
C++, when lambdas can do all the expression-statements can do
2) make sure to find out a) whether they were considered by the
authors of c++0x lambdas b) and if so, why they were not proposed.

This is basic homework. I understand it's not necessarily easy
homework. I don't know the answer to (2).
But any proposal that suggests that doing that homework is somehow
unnecessary will be responded
to with weapons of mass destruction.