Re: C++ create a class with array members which are notconstructed.

From: Nikolay Mihaylov <nmmm_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2020 23:19:04 +0300
To be honest, std::optional is not the most performant code, see following
for std::varian, which is similar.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/62404209/why-does-clang-handle-exceptions-for-this-trivial-stdvariant-code

but you can always use a char / byte array and use placement new - will be
more difficult to code, but in this way you will be able to know "what
happens" all the time.