C++ Logo

std-discussion

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: inout_ptr - inconsistent release()

From: JeanHeyd Meneide <phdofthehouse_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 16:03:03 -0400
Dear Doug Cook,

     An issue has been filed
(https://cplusplus.github.io/LWG/issue3594). I think the suggested
wording fix covers the issue you are facing, and so when this goes up
for prioritization in the Library Working/Wording Group (LWG), it
might be labeled "P0" and then bundled as "fixes to apply the next
time we have a virtual plenary meeting", which might be either at the
end of this year or the first plenary next year. Once the issue is
resolved (it's status will be updated on that page to CLOSED -
FIXED/RESOLVED) you can then go run around to implementers and tell
them to fix it, but if you're maintaining your own implementation
(like me) you can just do the fix early.

     Thanks for reaching out!

Sincerely,
JeanHeyd