C++ Logo

std-discussion

Re: [isocpp-sci] Problems with pow(std::complex<T>, double)

From: Bell, Ian H. (Fed) <"Bell,>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2021 19:52:27 +0000
Davis,

Thanks for the link to the cpython code. That's quite conclusive, and I can see the logic of that approach.

Can you think of a relatively safe way to get C++ to play nicely with the evaluation of these "tiny imaginary components are OK" problem? I get that a^b is "problematic" (to say the least) for a complex and b non-integer, but that's the problem I'm banging my head against at the moment.

Ian