C++ Logo

std-discussion

Re: commutative functions

From: Tobias W. <tobias.wallner1_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2020 22:38:19 +0200
Hi, all

First of all, I am glad that so many are taking part in this discussion.

I was wondering if we really need to declare the typetrait commutative
between two types.

Maybe the trait of being commutative should only be part of one type in
itself.

And if it is commutiative it will be part of the whole "commutative family".

I tried it and it also seems to fix the problem with the strings.

https://godbolt.org/z/n3cPTz

have a look :)

BR,

Tobias