Re: [SG16] P2071 - Named universal character escapes

From: Corentin Jabot <corentinjabot_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 10:52:57 +0200
https://compiler-explorer.com/z/z5rqPYMM8

Note that this implementation might not be reflective of the exact semantic
proposed in the paper.
It is derived from the implementation here
https://cor3ntin.github.io/posts/cp_to_name/
The implementation in clang was straightforward; it took a couple hours to
integrate.
However the bulk of the work here is wrangling the database to a
sufficiently compressed state, and that work was already done.

I have not found a significant increase of size in my build.
The clang release build is over 100MB depending on options (although the
debian package manages to make it under 50MB)
This adds ~500K which does not seem significant.
The overall size of clang is more likely to be affected by which compiler
it is compiled with, whether LTO was used and so forth.
GCC seems to be a bit smaller - around 30MB or so If I accounted for all
the files correctly.

So the answer to the size is that depending on compiler and compilation
options, this would result in a 0.5%-2% or there
about increase in size of the compiler binaries.

Is that too significant? I do not know