Re: [SG16] String literals and diagnostics

From: JF Bastien <cxx_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2021 13:51:15 -0800
I will offer this most wonderful example as a test suite for the
discussion: https://twitter.com/jfbastien/status/1298307325443231744
(sorry not sorry that I tweet randomly bad C++ as bait for y'all)

I believe that most printable characters should be preserved by the
compiler and printed as-is, Unicode included. I would escape control
characters, null terminators, be careful around RTL but support it, and
support newlines too (because why not?).

I think clang's current behavior is pretty much what I'd want, except for
newlines.

<chair-hat>As Jens said, please send to EWG once SG16 is happy.</chair-hat>