Subject: Re: Please help me!!!
From: Tom Honermann (tom_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-12-18 09:07:59

Hi, George.  You might try posting your question to stackoverflow.com
<https://stackoverflow.com>.  If you search for _setmode, _O_U16TEXT,
and/or _O_U8TEXT there, you'll find answers to some related questions,
possibly some that already explain what you are observing.  Take a look
at this post
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2492077/output-unicode-strings-in-windows-console-app>.

In general, getting the Windows console to display non-ASCII characters
can be challenging for a variety of reasons, especially when using
std::cout or printf().

Tom.